Hey loveliess, I hope you’re all warm and well!
Decided to mix things up a little on here, and do a little baking post. I used to bake so much and I loved making tasty treats, but for some reason I just stopped one day. My work asked if I could make a birthday cake, I agreed, and that triggered my inspiration for this post, so if you want to bake with me and make these delicious double chocolate cupcakes, carry on reading.
You will need:
110g (4oz) self-raising flour
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
50g chocolate chips
110g (4oz) margarine
110g (4oz) caster sugar
1. Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 5/ 190 degrees and line a muffin tin with 8 cases.
2. Sieve the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and quickly stir through
3. Add one egg at a time, and combine the ingredients together, the consistency should look quite sticky at this stage
4. Pop in the softened butter and mix until batter looks a bit fluffy. Add 3/4 of the chocolate chips
5. Evenly spoon the mixture into cases and pop a few chocolate chips on the top.
6. Place in the centre of a pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes.
7. Completely necessary step, lick the spoon while the cakes bake! (That’s the best part)
TOP TIP! Check the cakes are cooked through by poking a skewer in the centre of the biggest muffin, if it comes out clean, they’re ready !
7. Leave to cool on a wire rack before icing
To decorate my little cupcakes, I mixed together 75g unsalted butter, 200g icing sugar, 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder until there was a soft fluffy consistency. I popped the mixture into sandwich bag and cut a small hole in the bottom to create a DIY icing bag (I’d run out)
Swirling the icing over the cake into a peak, I then sprinkled on some chocolate curls as a final touch.
Pop your cupcakes in the fridge to set the icing, or eat warm for extra fresh yumminess!
And there you have it my friends, easy as that!
Let me know if you’ve made these chocolatey treats, I’d love to see your pictures!
Kisses and Love