Hey lovelies !
Recently some people around me have been going through some tough times and are trying hard to disguise their unhappiness, so I’ve decided to write a little post on my tips and tricks to happiness. I hope this helps anyone who’s feeling down or upset.
- Set yourself goals, big or small, long term or short. Be realistic. What do you want to achieve in a month, it could be something as simple as putting aside being more organised and buying a planner or, as big as losing a stone and joining a weight loss group. Whatever is getting you down, set goals to help tackle the issue.
- Spare cash for a rainy day. A lot of people in my life have financial struggles, I grew up in a family with low income and difficulty. Somehow, we always managed to to get by and have the things we need. When I got older and began earning my own income it was a novelty, I could buy whatever I wanted. It was different and excited, However, I always made sure I paid all my outgoings. I watched my family struggle and told myself I wouldn’t do the same so, I always put some money aside and saved. I made sacrifices to ensure I had enough money to live comfortably. Currently me and my partner are saving are arses off for a mortgage deposit and we’re doing pretty well and I can’t wait to be a home owner, but it’s always nice to know that we have money if we should need it.
- 3. Appreciate what you have! There are millions of people in the world that would give a limb for what you have. A warm home with clean running water filled with memories of those who love you, probably feels normal right? Luckily we live in a country that provides homes and help. Moan all you want about the government and how they have ruined this country. You’re wrong, because we’re not the people living in fear of war, deadly illness and disease or horrendous natural disasters.
- Surround yourself with positive people. We’re all so quick to judge and hate, admittedly I’m guilty of this, but there are some people in my life who, when I’m with I just feel completely comfortable and happy. If someone is dragging you down and rubbing off their negative vibes, bin them off! Ain’t nobody got time for that !
- Keep busy. Doing the things you enjoy the most will take your mind away from whatever is making you sad. Personally, I like to colour. When I’m stressed or bored I grab a intricate detailed colouring book and spend hours creating a real master piece (I wish) If colouring isn’t your thing, take a walk in the woods with some friends, bake a cake or go to the gym. You’ll feel better for it, if only for a few minuets, I promise.
- Allow yourself time. In the fast paced world we live in, sometimes it feels like there aren’t enough hours in the day. Schedule in some quality “me time”. Read your favourite book, watch your favourite movie, put on a face mask and have a bubble bath. These are all things I like to do, usually on my own.
- Smile. Even if you don’t feel like smiling. It could make someones day and that feels good.
REMEMBER: Every day may not be good, but there is something good in everyday!